The logging documentation for Python 2.7 has been reorganised into the same structure as that for Python 3.x. The library reference is supposed to be just that – a reference – so the tutorials have been moved to the HOWTO section. The configuration and handler documentation has also been moved into separate pages. The organisation is now as follows:
- http://docs.python.org/library/logging – reference documentation for the logging module
- http://docs.python.org/library/logging.config - reference documentation for the logging.config module
- http://docs.python.org/library/logging.handlers - reference documentation for the logging.handlers module
- http://docs.python.org/howto/logging – basic and advanced logging tutorials
- http://docs.python.org/howto/logging-cookbook – how to use logging in different scenarios
There’s a prominent sidebar at the start of the reference documentation pages pointing to the HOWTO sections.
I hope the results are easier to navigate and to understand. Please feel free to give your feedback.